Who We Are
Basic Terms and Introduction
What Data Do We Collect
For us to provide the content and services required by our visitors/users we require our website (www.cableuniverse.co.uk) visitors and users to provide certain personal data. In simple terms, personal data here refers to any information that identifies you as an individual. This information may include name, email address, postal address, blog comments and others. Through our website (www.cableuniverse.co.uk), your data may be collected in the following ways –
- Data you provide us: when you participate in, access, sign up or contact us through the website, we will require that you provide personal information which may include your name, email address, phone number and postal address.
- Through your personal use of our website: we also collect your personal data when you visit or make use of our website. This type of information includes pages visited, duration of visit, location and IP address.
- Data we buy from third parties: In the course running our business, we do purchase data supplied by third parties from time to time. In most cases, such data are business-related data which may include names, email addresses, postal addresses, contact phone, job titles, etc. Based on this fact, you may receive some communication from us while we are working to serve the needs and interests of our readers.
How We Use Your Data
For us to continue providing the content and services needed by our users, we’ll be making use of the personal data you provided us and the data we collect through your intentional use of our website, content and services. Below are the specific ways we may or will be using your data from time to time.
- Giveaway Competition: we will be running giveaway competitions. If you choose to participate, we will be using your personal data to manage your entry into such competitions.
- Discount Notifications: Sending notifications of new discount deals that will benefit our visitors and users alike
- Content Promotion: Cableuniverse.co.uk carries out periodic promotion of helpful content to our readers through email and other communication channels.
Do we collect cookies? The answer is yes. Based on your current and previous site activity, we do collect cookies that help us tailor our content and services to your personal preferences. Cookies are small files used to identify your device and browser (if you allow this) to match our content and services to the personal preferences of our users. For us to use your data in this way, we give all new visitors the chance to allow or reject the use of your data in the form of cookies. Please note that if you turn cookies off in your browser or reject the placement of cookies, some features of our website www.cableuniverse.co.uk may be disabled. However, it won’t affect the core user experiences in any significant way.
Please note that we do not transfer, trade or sell your personal data to any third party for any reason at all. However, we may use your data to run retargeting online advertisements placed on third party websites. We are deeply committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users at all times.
Cableuniverse.co.uk does not sell or advertise to children under the age of 13 years.
Links to Third-Party Websites
As shown in our About Us page, Cableuniverse.co.uk is a cable product review and information website. This means that the provision of the content and services needed by our users requires linking to third party products and services (examples are products listed on Amazon).
You need to acknowledge that all third parties linked from our website www.cableuniverse.co.uk have their own separate and independent privacy policies. Based on this fact, we do not have any responsibility or liability regarding your personal and intentional use of such third-party products and services. However, you can still share any feedback you get from such products and services.
Using Our Site From Outside the UK
Cableuniverse.co.uk makes use of data storage centers in the European Economic Area (EEA). When you are submitting data or using our website www.cableuniverse.co.uk from any country outside the UK, you agree to EEA data transfer and processing terms under the Regulations of (EU) 2016/679 GPDR including any personal data protection legislation in the UK. If you are not in agreement with these terms, please do not access or use our website www.cableuniverse.co.uk from outside the UK. We do not make any warranty or representation that the content of the website referenced above is appropriate or acceptable for use within any country outside the United Kingdom.
Cableuniverse.co.uk uses Google Analytics to track all site and user activity. We do this to understand our user identity, (with cookies and others), activities and preferences. Such personal and website data are used to provide tailored experiences for our website (www.cableuniverse.co.uk) users.
We are an active participant in Google Adsense Advertising Program. Based on our participation, Google which is a third-party vendor places online display banner advertisement on our website. But our participation is structured in a way that does not disrupt user experiences. Other than Google Adsense, we may participate in other online advertising programs like the one described above.
This is a law that regulates commercial email marketing and messaging with personal data while giving the recipient the right to opt-out of such messages at any point in time. This same act also spelled out the specific penalties for violation. This is worth mentioning because we use your personal data in the ways stipulated earlier. However, we do this in compliance with the CAN SPAM Act. Because of this, Cableuniverse.co.uk agree to the following –
- Allow users to unsubscribe by providing an appropriate link in every promotional email
- Honor unsubscribe requests promptly without any delay
- Identify and clarify some messages as pure advertisements where necessary
- Include our full contact details including physical address in every email
- Not to use misleading messages, headlines or email addresses
How Long We Keep Your Data
Personal Data Rights and Preferences
Under GDPR and other data protection legislation in the United Kingdom (UK), you have the rights to your data in the ways and manners specified below –
- Right of Access: At any point in time, you may request access to the data we hold about you and your personal use of our website, content and services. Please note that this does not include the rights to request access to other sensitive documents that do not relate to your personal data.
- Erasing of personal data: this section applies to all personal data collected by Cableuniverse.co.uk from EEA/EU/UK residents only. You may request your data to be erased by contacting us through this email address – email@example.com
- To Opt-Out of Communications: You can manually and officially request to opt-out of all marketing communications from us.
- Right to object to automated profiling: while you are making use of our content and services, you have to right to be informed and object to any automated profiling and decision making which may affect you in any form. Before making use of your personal data in this manner, we will also inform you about the full consequences of such usage.
Exercising Your Rights
You can exercise these and other relevant rights you have during your usage of our website, content and services by writing us through this email address firstname.lastname@example.org