At Cableuniverse.co.uk we are now familiar with wireless speakers from almost all popular brands. We are therefore regularly asked what the best wireless speaker is. Obviously there is no clear answer to this and you will have to draw up rules in advance, otherwise you will be comparing apples with pears.
We are the first to distinguish in our test for the best speaker Wifi speakers and Bluetooth speakers. Although more and more bluetooth speakers can be linked together, it is not fair to compare them with the WiFi speakers from Sonos and Heos in terms of speaker quality and price. That is why we first determine what the best bluetooth speaker is at the moment (up to 200 euros) and then we discuss the best WiFi speakers.
Don’t feel like reading the entire wireless speaker test? Then you can already see the best wireless speakers here:
|Best Bluetooth Speakers:||Best Wifi Speakers:|
|Bose SoundLink Revolve||Sonos|
|JBL Charge 4||Bose Home|
|UE Megaboom 3||Harman / Kardon Citation|
Best Bluetooth Speakers 2021
Bose SoundLink Revolve Speaker
- Deep, loud and immersive sound, with true 360-degree coverage
The most popular bluetooth speaker from Bose should certainly not be missing in this top 3. The Bose SoundLink Revolve is in first place in our test because of the following advantages:
- 360 degree sound
- Clear, powerful and balanced sound as you’d expect from Bose
- Dust and splash water resistant
- Battery life of 12 hours
- Possible to link a second speaker for stereo and party mode
- Built-in microphone for making phone calls
JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Intense Sound & Deep Bass - Full-spectrum, top quality, powerful speakers and a built-in power bank - all in one! / Discover what fits you from our...
The reason we think the JBL Charge 4 is one of the best wireless speakers in the Bluetooth category at the moment is a combination of quality and suggested retail price. This speaker has sufficient capacity to provide a living room and garden with music.
- 30 watts
- Stereo sound with deep bass tones
- JBL Connect + for connecting up to 100 JBL speakers.
- 20 hours of music with a powerful 7500 mAh battery
- Water resistant – You can keep the speaker under water for up to 30 minutes
- Also functions as a power bank
- The JBL Charge 4 has a built-in microphone that you can use to make phone calls
UE MEGABOOM 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- MEGABOOM features powerfully loud, clear, and immersive 360° sound with deep thundering bass you can feel. All carefully balanced so you can hear...
Are you looking for a slightly larger bluetooth speaker, then the UE Megaboom 3 is a good choice. Slightly less easy to take with you on a trip and also slightly heavier, but then you also have a bluetooth speaker with a large range. The advantages of the UE Megaboom:
- Battery life of up to 20 hours
- 45 meter range, greater than other bluetooth speakers
- Integrated microphone for hands-free calling
- Special app for alarm clock function and equalizer
- The UE Megaboom 3 is shock and water resistant
Best Wifi Speakers 2021
Sonos Wireless Speaker
- Get brilliant sound anywhere with the weatherproof and drop-resistant Move. Works with AirPlay 2 on Apple devices iOS 11.4 and higher
Sonos has been actively developing a multiroom system since the beginning. They had and still have a huge lead over the other brands. Sonos has the most possibilities to expand, an app that they keep improving and the most important thing is that Sonos simply functions well and is easy to use.
The pros of Sonos
- 3 speakers in different sizes: Sonos One, Sonos Move and Sonos Five. Also ideal for 5.1 dolby surround with the Sonos Playbar, Sonos Beam, Sonos Playbase and Sonos Sub.
- Possible to connect your current music system or speakers with Sonos via the Sonos Port or Sonos AMP
- Not dependent on the range of your router. The signal is passed from speaker to speaker via Sonosnet, for optimal range.
- In the Sonos App you can stream directly via streaming services such as Deezer and Spotify. With other multiroom systems you usually use the app of the streaming service.
Bose Home Speaker
- Sound performance: Room-rocking bass and 360-degree, lifelike sound in a compact size
In our opinion, Bose Home is the right number 2 in this best WiFi speaker test. The well-known audio brand Bose could not be left behind with a smart speaker and introduced the Bose Home to compete with Sonos and Google Home. You can easily operate the Bose Home with the Google Home app or via voice control. With the Bose Soundbar 700 and Bose Bass module 700 it is possible to play movies in a 5.1 dolby surround sound together with Bose Surround Speakers.
The pros of Bose Home
- Wifi speakers in different sizes.
- Also ideal for 5.1 dolby surround with the soundbar and subwoofer.
- Stream High Res music.
- Also stream music via Bluetooth and Apple Airplay 2